It was reported on Thursday that Jonathan Majors’ alleged victim has been granted a full temporary order of protection by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, press secretary for the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office Doug Cohen has said the order was granted “for the victim” and that it has “the consent of defense counsel.” This comes after the alleged victim received a limited temporary order of protection during the actor’s arraignment in March. Majors is set to appear in court on May 9.
Jonathan Majors is facing three counts of third-degree assault, second-degree aggravated harassment, three counts of third-degree attempted assault, and second-degree harassment. Police cite that Majors allegedly struck “[the victim] about the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear.” Additionally, he allegedly grabbed her hand and neck, “causing bruising and substantial pain.”
A previous report from ABC News notes that Majors made the 911 call himself, which police responded to. The call was “purportedly over concerns about his girlfriend, whom he lives with in a penthouse apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood.” After police arrived, the girlfriend told officers they were in a taxi together after returning from a bar and that Majors physically attacked her. Majors was then arrested after police noticed marks on the woman.
Majors’ criminal defense lawyer previously stated that Majors is “provably innocent” and expects charges to be dropped due to multiple witnesses and written retractions from the victim, followed by a later claim that there is video evidence of Majors’ innocence.